Everything has to have rules, rules, rules…
- Each entry requires two (2) 12-oz. (preferred) or 22-oz. bottles with entry forms (see below) RUBBERBANDED to the outside of each bottle.
- Bottled submissions shall have NO distinguishing labels, names or other identifying characteristics which could give away the identity of the brewer.
- Entries must be dropped off or received by Rustic Road Brewing Company (510 56th Street in Kenosha, WI 53140) no later than the close of business on Saturday, May 10.
- Entry fees ($5 per entry) are due at the time of drop-off or mail-in submission and may be paid by cash or check made out to “Rustic Road Brewing Company.” Please do not send cash by U.S. Postal Service. 50% of proceeds will be donated to local charity.
- Entrants do NOT have to be present for the live judging event held on Saturday, May 17.
- Winning entrant will be announced on Saturday, May 17 at the brewery at the end of the judging session sometime after 5:00pm, and notified by telephone or email if not present.
- In addition to a brewing session at RRBC with one guest to produce their winning beer in a commercial setting, the winner will also receive a special tapping event party at the brewery to have friends and family enjoy the fruits of your labor!
- The beer will be brewed in early June for release in July, so think about beers that will be great to drink in the July timeframe! Think hot and muggy, Fourth of July fireworks, and boating season in Wisconsin! Winner will be chosen strictly on merit of beer produced, regardless of any seasonal preferences.
- The winning entrant will meet with brewing staff to scale and adapt the brewed beer to meet the technical requirements and available materials. The adjusted recipe will become the property of Rustic Road Brewing Company and may be reproduced in the future without explicit permission.
Entry forms can be downloaded here: RRBC Homebrew Competition ENTRY FORM 2014