Ready… aim… brew!
Get your beer on and bring your best to Rustic Road Brewing Company’s Fifth Annual Homebrew Competition. Submissions will be accepted starting June 1, so don’t delay! Read on for some…
Rules, rules, rules:
- Quantity Required: Each entry requires two (2) 12-oz. (preferred) or 22-oz. bottles with entry forms (see below) RUBBERBANDED to the outside of each bottle.
- Entry Forms: Only the official entry forms, located here, may be used to submit entries.
- No Distinguishing Characteristics on Bottles: Bottled submissions shall have NO distinguishing labels, names or other identifying characteristics which could give away the identity of the brewer.
- Submission Address and Deadline: Entries must be dropped off or received by Rustic Road Brewing Company (510 56th Street, Kenosha, WI 53140) no later than the close of business on Sunday, June 18th.
- Fees: Entry fees ($5 per entry) are due at the time of drop-off or mail-in submission and may be paid by cash or check made out to “Rustic Road Brewing Company.” Please do not send cash by U.S. Postal Service. 50% of proceeds will be donated to local charity.
- Event Judging: Judging by BJCP certified judges will take place on Saturday, June 24. Judging will not take place at the Rustic Road taproom, but will be at an offsite location for appropriate logistics.
- Grand Prize: Winner and one guest will produce their beer alongside our brewers in a commercial setting and will receive a special tapping event party at the brewery to have friends and family enjoy the fruits of their “labor”!
- First Place: Rustic Road hoodie and $100 to spend in the taproom
- Second Place: Rustic Road hat and $50 to spend in the taproom
- Third Place: A pair of Rustic Road mugs and $25 to spend in the taproom
- Grand Prize: The beer selected for Grand Prize will be brewed in early June for release in July, so think about beers that will be great to drink in the July/August timeframe! Think hot and muggy, Fourth of July fireworks, and boating season in Wisconsin!
- Announcement of Winners: Winning entries will be announced on social media on or before Monday July 10th and will be notified by email as well.
- Judging Sheets: Paper copies of the completed judging sheets will be available for pickup at the taproom by Saturday July 1st. Digital copies will be sent to all entrants who provide a valid email address on their entry forms sometime during the week of June 13.
- Right to Produce: The winning entrant will meet with brewing staff to scale and adapt the brewed beer to meet the technical requirements and available materials. The adjusted recipe will become the property of Rustic Road Brewing Company and winner acknowledges that Rustic Road Brewing Company may reproduce the adjusted recipe in the future without any additional permissions or remuneration.
Have fun, and BREW ON!
Entry forms may be obtained here: RRBC Homebrew Competition ENTRY FORM 2017